Westchester Community for Humanistic Judaism – Virtual Model Passover Seder
March 24, 2021, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
Join the Westchester Community for Humanistic Judaism for a free virtual model Passover Seder. You can download the service from http://wchj.org/ConcisePassoverHaggadah.pdf.
You will need the following items for the seder:
- Matzah: 3 pieces are used, but at least 1.
- For the Seder plate:
- Carpas: parsley, celery, boiled potato
- A small dish of salt water or vinegar
- Charoset: a mixture of apples, nuts, and a little wine or grape juice
If these ingredients aren’t available, grind up matzah or get some matzah meal. Make a paste adding some wine and sugar, or grape juice.
- Baytsa: A hard-boiled egg
- Marror: Horseradish or some type of lettuce, romaine, escarole, or whatever you have.
- Zeroa: Lamb shank bone: if not available, use a roasted beet (roast beet in the oven with egg) or a chicken bone.
- Wine or grape juice.